Generally, the designation of the operating system is often intended for all soft
features included in a package with the PC system just before the software features
application is installed. The operating system is a system software feature whose job
is to carry out control and management of hard features and basic system operations,
listed as implementing software features such as word processing programs and website browsers.
In many problems, the Operating System provides a library of functions - standard functions,
where other applications can call those functions, so that in every new program creation,
there is no need to create these functions from an early age.
The operating system is universally composed of several parts:
- Boot mechanism, is putting kernel into RAM memory
- Kernel, which is the core of an operating system
- Command Interpreter or shell, which is tasked with reading / read input from users
- Libraries, that is, which provides a collection of basic functions and standards that can be called by other applications
- Driver to interact with external hardware, as well as to control it.